School Hours is Australia’s first and only family friendly job board with every job advertised to have an element of flexibility to better suit parents looking for work.
Watch our new video for an overview or read on below for a little more detail.
What is a family friendly employment opportunity?
“Family friendly employment” can be used to describe any opportunity that a family sees as being flexible enough to assist them with the task of raising their children well while balancing a career. All of the following would be considered family friendly employment:
- flex-time, compressed hours, annualised hours or term-time
- part-time, casual, seasonal or temporary
- fly-in-fly-out, job-sharing or telecommuting
If your vacancy falls into or could fall into any of these categories, then it would be considered a family friendly employment opportunity and we’d love to have you advertise it on our website.
Benefits to employers
- Better culture – providing flexibility to employees creates a happy workforce and a happy workforce is more productive, reliable and loyal
- Better retention – happy, content staff don’t leave as often lowering hiring costs like job ads, recruitment fees, interviews, applicant testing, reference checks and training
- Better attraction – fly the family friendly employer flag proudly. You’ll show you care about your staff’s wellbeing and future hires will start looking for you
Benefits to recruiters
- We’re niche – we’re not going to deliver you hundreds of applications per advertisement, however we’ll deliver passionate, quality candidates and often with skills that are in high demand
- We’re passive – many of our jobseekers have had a break from the workforce and the promise of workplace flexibility has bought them to our site. If your client will consider being flexible, their talent options just opened up considerably
- We’re a community – we’ve already created a community of engaged parents without posting a single job! Whether they’re working or not, our aim is to keep them engaged and reachable.
How do I find out more?
Enter your details below to receive our advertiser information pack when they’re finalised shortly. You’ll also get early entry into the new website to tweak your company profile and select the job listing package most suited to your business.