Do you ever wonder why some people seem to have all the luck? How were they able to buy that thing, vacation there, send the children to that school? If you’re someone who sets and achieves all your goals you might stop reading here but if, like most of us, you’d like to bring more of what you want in your life, I’ve some powerful information to share with you.
Earlier this year I was greatly inspired by local TV personality, Julia Baker (aka Snake Boss), when I heard her speak about the incredible power of goal setting. Using a particular process, Julia had brought many wonderful things into her life including TV contracts, a car and even the man of her dreams. What I loved the most about Julia’s process was that it was quite simple and she could back it up with her results. Without any delay I went home and implemented Julia’s process and IT WORKED!
I should point out, I’ve always been aware of goal setting but have never been able to successfully implement models such as S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely) into my life! As a busy mum to a six year old running her own business, I need things to be as easy as possible for me to take action.
As a result of doing the simple steps Julia suggested, I got some amazing results, including creating a networking event for 70 that sold out a week before the event, taking a two week holiday to Bali with my family and successfully creating an online version of my career workshop which equips return to work mums for success. Learning this process has been one of the best gifts I’ve received so, with Julia’s permission, I thought I’d share it with you so that you can make 2017 the year of your dreams.
Six Easy Steps For Achieving Your Goals
- Reflect on what you want to bring into your life over the next 12 months. Five or six goals is perfect. You could make it a mix of personal and professional goals but whatever it is that matters to you.
- Identify pictures which represent each of your goals and paste them next to your goals. The subconscious mind, a key player in this process, thinks in images and will be best equipped to be creating what needs to occur to achieve your goals.
- Put the goal list somewhere you can see it daily. No need to review it daily (although it can’t hurt) but be conscious of it. I find myself glancing at those images intermittently as I go about my work each day).
- Believe that your goals will be achieved! *
- Celebrate each goal as you achieve it.
- Share this gift with other people in your life who you’d love to see successful!
* Believing is an essential part of this process but there is no doubt some effort required on your part. The magic is that this effort will be significantly less than you might think, as doors open and opportunities arise, that will support your goals.
I hope you also grab this gift with both hands and experience the joy of bringing what it is you want into your life. Good luck!
PS: If one of your goals is to return to work in 2017, you can find out about Donna’s signature program, CareerSmart Mums, which has helped many mums to successfully return to work. The online program includes video tutorials, guest presentations (including Julia Baker speaking on goal setting and fear) and complete course materials. Valued at over $1000, launch packages start at just $97. CareerSmart Mums Online is launching this month with a competition to win one of 10 copies, 5 including a personal career coaching session.
Donna’s business, Career Vitality, supports women considering returning to work through CareerSmart Mums, a workshop currently running quarterly in North West Brisbane.
Latest posts by Donna Thistlewaite (see all)
- How to make 2017 your best year ever! - November 2, 2016
- The 4:12 Disconnect – Tips for Covering School Holidays - March 23, 2016
- Top Tips for Getting Smarter on Parental Leave - February 10, 2016